Start Up New Plaster
Start Up New Plaster
The start-up of your new pool is a major component to having a healthy easy to maintain pool in the long run. Most builders have warranties attached to their pools and you would not want to jeopardize the contract, so let us make sure you begin the start-up process correctly!
These rules apply for any start-up technique.
Our certified professionals have the knowledge to work with all start-up procedures universally used across the pool building world.
• It’s important not to swim in the pool during the break in period.
• The pool heater should be left off for at least 3 weeks following the initial filling.
• Filling the pool as quickly as possible without pauses is a necessity! Avoiding spraying the water directly on the fresh plaster.
• If you have a SWG, do NOT add salt, or turn on the SWG, until 30 days after the plaster was applied.
• During the first three weeks it’s important not to use any automated cleaning systems such as built in cleaners or robotics.
• Running the pump 24 hours a day for the first week is a necessity!
• Our services include that your equipment is always checked and proved to be functional.
• The weekly pool maintenance include that we check the chemistry and balance of the pool on a routine basis.
• Knowledge of pool chemistry is one of the key skills harvested by our employees. If the chemistry is not done correctly, the result could be irreversible damage. In some extreme cases, having to re-plaster your pool.
• Our startup process is 7 visits over 2 week period of brushing, vacuum after the first full week, test and balance water chemistry, check all equipment and breakdown and clean filter.
- Beginning with the pump turned off.
- We add 3 1/2 gallons’ muriatic acid per 10,000 gallons and then brush the entire pool. The acid will help dissolve the plaster dust so you don’t need to vacuum.
- Brush twice daily but don’t vacuum or add chlorine until plaster dust is gone. For dark plaster only brush light colored or white areas.
- When all plaster dust is gone, neutralize the acid with an ash/washing soda by using a base demand test. Wait 24 hours and repeat if needed.
Need pool maintenance or cleaning? Fill out the form on this page to request a consultation or call us today at 512-815-7717.
Get A Pool Quote TODAY!